admin | February 5, 2015 | Health |
Whenever I am eating out, I always ask my waiter or waitress to bring me water with no ice in it. Almost always they look at me as if I am crazy. Now I will explain to you that I am not crazy and I will give you the reason why do I ask for water with no ice.
In order to understand, first you need to close your eyes for a minute and imagine the following:
Its spring. You are on a wooden dock which extends into a high mountain lake. The temperature in the air is fairly warm. The top layer of the lake has recently melted. You can see that by the color of the crystal clear blue water. The water is anything but warm. Now imagine you are closing your eyes and you are diving in.
What is the reaction of your body and your skin? Will your body be relaxed and open, or will it be constricted and tight?
“The warm water opens your pores and makes your skin feel looser. The cold water on the other hand closes your pores and constricts your skin. You know what? Drinking cold water does the same thing to your digestive tract!”
What Happens When You Drink Cold Water
- When drinking cold beverages your blood vessels shrink, your digestion becomes restricted and hydration is hindered.
- Your body is spending energy to regulate your temperature, instead of working to digest the food and absorb the nutrients to create energy. This can lead to water loss.
- Drinking cold water after a meal creates excess mucus in your body, which can lead to a decrease in immune system function, making it easier to catch colds and illnesses.
- When drinking cold beverages while eating, the water temperature solidifies fats from the foods you’ve just eaten and the body in turn finds it hard to digest the unwanted fats from our bodies.
- People might say that drinking ice water is beneficial because it burns more calories. However Isay that we don’t want to make our digestive system work harder; we want to makes things as easy on it as we can. There are many other ways to burn calories!
Benefits to Drinking Warm Water
- Faster and increased hydration;
- Natural digestive enzymes are stimulated. As a result your digestion is enhanced;
- Food breaks down more easily;
- Your bowels move better (warm water with lemon in the morning is great for this!);
- It purifies your blood and also increases your body’s natural detoxification processes via your skin, kidneys and lymphatic system.
You will notice a dramatic improvement in your digestion, once you get into the habit of drinking water at room temperature (or even warmer). You’ll also find an improvement in the way your body feels while eating and after the meal. Some people have also reported reduction in sugar cravings.
So, the next time you eat out ask your waiter to “Hold the Ice!”
Source: Family Health Freedom Network