All of us love popcorn. We often use popcorn as a healthy substitute for common unhealthy snacks. Have you give it a thought, is it really like that? Are popcorns healthier choice? You probably think that popcorns are healthier because after all it is just corn, right?
The popcorn you get at the movie theater (and for the microwave) most likely has been treated with all kind of insecticides, herbicides, fungicides and fumigants. Popcorn contains a massive amount of chemicals.
Why You Should Never Eat Microwave Popcorn
- Microwave popcorn is not healthy at all. It is loaded with toxins that cause several health problems like Alzheimer’s, lung disease and kidney disease.
- A study from UCLA shows that the acid (PFOA), which is found in the lining of the microwave popcorn bag, is linked to several health problems
- For making the commercial popcorn is used vegetable oil. That is bed for our health because when vegetable oil is heated it gets oxidized. This results in creation of free radicals, which, as we know, contribute to premature aging and lots of diseases.
- Almost every butter flavored microwave popcorn is made with toxic chemicals. The chemical called diacetyl is toxic and it often damages the lungs of the people who work at microwave popcorn factories.
- More than 85 % of all corn is genetically modified.
Source: Living Traditionally