We often associate killer plants with the carnivorous plants. But in reality, that’s not the case.
Although we have them in our homes, we’re not aware of the dangers they pose. Poisonous plants are harmful only if we have direct contact with them, so staying close to them isn’t dangerous, on the contrary it has more positive effects on our physical and mental health.
Caution should be exercised only if you have physical contact with these plants, because some situations may result in minor or major problems to your health and can even cause death. While the majority of people reading this might think “my flowers can’t do anything to me”,you should think about your children and pets.
Children and pets, often out of curiosity and games, come in contact with wild and cultivated plant species. They love to touch them, put them in their mouth, push them in their nose, nibbling on them and even swallowing them.Problems can arise if your room or garden haspoisonous plants.
In addition to children and pets, pregnant women are at risk as well, because they are extremely sensitive in those months, and their baby is in high risk, should the poisonous substances get in the mother’s blood.
If you have any of the plants listed below, you should get rid of them, as you are putting yourself and your family at risk.
Place the plant in a place that’shard to reach.
When decorating the garden and when touching the plant, wear protective gloves, and wash your hands afterwards.
Regularly remove wilted leaves, flowers and other plant parts. Don’t let them fall on the floor and make them accessible
When watering the flowers, if it comes to spilling water on the floor or similar surface, be sure to wipe it out.
List Of Poisonous Plants
- Amaryllis (Hippaestrum sp.)
- Flamingo flower (Anthurium sp.)
- Azalea (Azalea sp.)
- Poinsettia (Euphorbia pulcherrima)
- Ivy (Hedera sp.)
- Cyclamen (Cyclamen sp.)
- Brazilian jasmine (Mandevilla sp.)
- Dieffenbachia (Dieffenbachia sp.)
- Lily Of The Valley (Convallaria L.)
- Philodendron (Philodendron spec.)
- Kauchuck tree (Ficus elastica)
- Jesus thorn (Euphorbia milii)
- Primrose (Primula obconica)
- Swallowtail (Spathiphyllum wallisii)
- Calla Lily (Zantedeschia aethiopica)
- Kalanchoe (Kalanchoe)
- Clivia (Clivia sp.)
- Croton (Codiaeum variegatum)
- Lily glory (Gloriosa Lily)
- Hyacinth (Hyacinthus sp.)
- Monster (Monster deliciosa)
- Flower Oleander (Nerium oleander)
- Silver Dollar Plant (Crassula arborescens)
- Decorative tobacco (Nicotiana alata)
- Gold trumpet (Allamanda cathartica)