admin | July 4, 2015 | Health |
The colon is one of the most important organs in our body. The function of the colon is to absorb water and store the waste-products of digestion until your body is ready to empty them out. A properly-functioning colon can lead to higher energy levels, less illness, and easier digestion.
Why Your Colon Needs Cleansing
Though it’s true that the body is very good at cleansing itself and getting rid of chemical pollution, with the amount of toxins and irritants we now take in on a daily basis, it’s important for us to help our bodies out whenever we can.
When bowel movements are an appropriate size and consistency, many colon and rectal complaints will disappear, however, processed foods and many chemicals found therein affect bowel consistency. Consequently, small, hard bowel movements can cut and tear the anal lining. Diet is essential to prevent this problem but cleansing is an essential component when your diet fails to address problems with the colon.
Natural Colon-Cleansing Methods
You don’t need an expensive colonic or spa treatment to keep your digestive system running optimally. All you need to do is try these easy and natural methods.
- Apple juice: Thanks to its high acid and fructose content, apple juice perfectly cleanses the digestive system. One or two glasses a day, can flush your colon. Just make sure you’re using 100% pure, no-sugar-added juice.
- Sea salt: It contains dozens of vitamins and nutrients that can stimulate the digestive system. Next time you’re having a bath, try adding some sea salt to the water. You can also add it to your drinking water.
- Water: The core of a functional digestive system is hydration. To figure out how many ounces of water you need to drink every day, just cut your weight in half.
- Flaxseed: Flaxseed is one of the best natural ingredients for colon health. Being extremely high in fiber, it can help even difficult-to-digest foods move through your system quickly and with ease.
- Ginger: It has been used for over thousands of years for its digestive health properties. By simply chewing on a chunk of ginger or stirring grated ginger into your tea, you can have numerous digestive benefits.
- Juicing: Vegetable juicing is extremely popular right now. And for a good reason. Getting plenty of vegetable juice in your diet helps stimulate the digestive process and keeps your colon from getting backed up. Try using organic vegetables and juice them yourself immediately before drinking.
- High-fiber diet: Fiber is just as important as water, when it comes to digestive health at least. Get a mix of soluble and insoluble fiber to promote digestive health in a variety of ways.
- Yogurt: An excellent food for supporting your digestive system. You’ll be surprised how big a difference just one cup a day could make.
Once your colon is fully cleansed, you should start to notice many different health benefits. It won’t take long for your body to enjoy the advantages of a well-tuned digestive system and a healthy colon.
Source: Women`s Best
Other links included in Women`s Best article:
Home Remedies for Colon Cleansing
14 DIY Home Remedies for Colon Cleanser
Image by: Family Health Freedom Network