Electrolytes are vital to human body. They are used by your cells, particularly the heart, themuscles and the nerves, in order to keep up voltages over their cell membranes and to convey electrical impulses and muscle contractions over themselves.
On a daily bases there are many changes going on in your body. The kidneys work is to keep constant electrolyte concentration in your blood. Electrolytes are lost through the sweat. When you work out intensely you lose a lot of sweat. In that way you lose electrolytes, especially sodium and potassium, through your sweat.
The electrolytes are very important. They keep constant electrolyte concentration of the bodies liquids.
Electrolyte drinks are important when babies or kids have chronic vomiting or diarrhea. That may be because of intestinal influenza infections. The liquids and the electrolytes must be supplanted in order to avoid lack of hydration and seizures.
By devouring sugary, chemical laden sports drinks or Pedialyte for children, you can renew your child’s or your own electrolytes. This homemade drink is completely natural and it can help you control your electrolytes.
These are the ingredients you require:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan Pink salt or Celtic sea salt
- 2 cups of filtered water or raw coconut water
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp organic raw honey or organic maple syrup
- Blend all fixings in a blender and mix well.
- Store this electrolyte substitution in mason jars in the fridge.
Sources: Organic Health, World Truth.TV