There are many reasons for knee pain, however some of the most common are aging and weakening of the bone structure.A common medical condition, knee pain is often experienced by older people. It’s interesting that women are two times more prone to knee pain than men.
Aside from the knee pain, it’s more likely that you’ll experience redness, numbness in the affected leg, noticeable swelling, difficulty walking or standing and stiffness in the knee.
In this article, we’re going to show you the most effective home remedies in reducing and sometimes completely removing the pain.
It really doesn’t matter if the knee pain is due to muscle strain, injury or arthritis. Ginger is the most effective remedy to alleviate the pain. Its effectiveness comes from presence of the anti-inflammatory compounds in it. Ginger successfully reduces the pain as well as the swelling in the knee.
- Add a small piece of ginger root in a cup of water and boil it for about 10 minutes. After that strain it and add lemon juice and a little honey. Drink 2-3 cups of the ginger tea every day until the pain is gone.
- Another helpful solution is to massage the affected knee with ginger oil 2 or 3 times a day until your knee is healed.
Lemon is a very good home remedy for knee pain caused by arthritis. The main cause of some types of arthritis is the uric acid crystals. The citric acid found in lemon works as a solvent for the uric acid crystals.
- Chop a lemon into tiny pieces.
- Put the pieces on a cotton cloth and dip it in warm sesame oil.
- Wrap the cloth around the affected knee and leave it for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure twice a day until the pain vanishes completely.
It is recommended to drink the juice of one squeezed lemon watered down in a glass of lukewarm water every morning on an empty stomach.
Apple Cider Vinegar
The alkalizing effect of apple cider vinegar is very helpful in reducing knee pain. It helps dissolve the harmful toxins and mineral build-ups within the knee joint. It is also very helpful in restoring the joint lubricants thus helping in mobility and reducing the pain.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in 2 cups of filtered water. Sip this mixture throughout the day. Drink this mixture every day until you recover completely.
- Add 2 cups of apple cider vinegar in a bath tub of hot water. Keep the affected knee soaked in the water for 30 minutes. Do this once a day continuously for a few days.
- Mix together 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Use the mixture to massage the affected knee once or twice a day until the pain is gone.