Turmeric is a natural and effective way to relieve knee pain. Curcumin, a chemical contained in turmeric called has antioxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the pain.
As confirmed by The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM), turmeric can slow down the progression of rheumatoid arthritis, one of the main causes of knee pain.
- Add half a teaspoon of turmeric and ground ginger in a cup of water and boil it for 10 minutes. Than strain it and add honey fora better taste. Consume the mixture twice a day.
- Put 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of milk and boil it. Sweeten it with honey and drink it once a day.
- Consume 250 to 500 mg turmeric capsules three times a day.
Consume these remedies daily until the pain is gone completely
Note: Do not take the turmeric remedy if are taking blood – thinning medicine, because turmeric can make the blood thinner.
Cayenne pepper has an ingredient called capsaicin that works like a pain reliever. Having pain-relieving or natural analgesic properties, cayenne pepper can reduce pain in the affected knee and produce a warm sensation.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper powder with half a cup of warm olive oil and mix until you get a paste – like mass. Apply the paste on the affected knee twice a day for at least 7 days.
- Mix one cup of apple cider vinegar with a quarter or ahalfteaspoon of cayenne pepper powder. Soak the affected knee in this solution and keep it soaked for 20 minutes once or twice a day until the inflammation and the pain is reduced.
- You can even apply a gel containing 0.0125 percent of capsaicin topically to reduce knee pain.
With its pain-relieving and analgesic properties, eucalyptus oil can help reduce knee pain. The cooling sensation of this oil is very helpful in easing knee pain from arthritis.
- Blend together 5-7 drops each of peppermint oil and eucalyptus oil. Then, mix in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Keep the mixture stored in a dark glass bottle, away from direct sunlight.
- Whenever you feel pain in your knees apply this mixture on.
- You need to massage gently to make sure that the oil penetrates deep into the skin.
Containing magnesium sulfate, Epsom salt has shown to provide relief from knee pain. Magnesium works as a natural muscle relaxant that helps remove the excess fluid from the tissues, while reducing pain, swelling and inflammation.
- Add half a cup of Epsom salt in a hot bath and stir it well.
- Put the affected knee in this warm solution, and keep it soaked for 15 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure few times a week until the knee pain stops completely.
Note: People suffering with from heart problems, high blood pressure or diabetes are advised to not take this remedy.
If you still have knee pain after using these remedies, consult your doctor and find out the exact cause and find treatment options.
Source: Healthy Life Tricks