The first thing you need to know about the ginger is that ginger is a super-food. This is due to its amazing ability to enhance the immunity, reduce the inflammation and improve the digestion.
Its distinct aroma and the flavor are due to several essential oils, such as: gingerols, zingerone and shogaols. This oils are excellent for your body, because they are powerful anti-viral, anti-parasitic, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agents. It is also very important for you to know that ginger root promotes healthy digestion, treats asthma, relieves pain, boosts your immunity, aids in your cardiovascular health and much more.
Ginger Tea Benefits
- Due to its effective substances the ginger is a very effective remedy for common cold, flu, headaches and even sore muscles. The ginger is also able to naturally stop the pain. In other words the ginger is preventing prostaglandins from setting off an inflammatory response in the body.
- The ginger contains great amounts of antioxidants that can boost your immunity and can help you fight off infections. Therefore a regular consumption of ginger tea will strengthen your immune system.
- Only a cup of ginger tea a day can minimize the chances of a stroke. This is because the ginger breaks down the fat deposits that are blocking your arteries.
- Due to its amazing warming properties, the ginger can improve your blood circulation. This is very important for you, because the increased blood flow will improve the delivery of oxygen, vitamins and minerals to your body’s cells. Therefore the ginger is good for your overall health.
- Drinking ginger tea will help you destroy the virus that causes cold sores, common colds and flu.
Here Is How To Make Ginger Tea
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground turmeric (here)
- Coconut milk, to improve the taste
- Raw organic honey, to improve the taste (here)
First of all you need to put the water in acoffeepot and then put the coffeepot on the stove. Wait for the water to boil and then add the ginger and the turmeric. Now reduce the heat and let it boil on low heat for 10 minutes. Then add the milk while stirring. Finally you need to strain the tea into a cup. For improving the taste you can add honey! Enjoy!
Source: Living Traditionally
Image by: wikiHow