admin | October 27, 2016 | Health |
Before we start this article you need to know that colon cancer is the third most common type of cancer in the United States. According to some researches, by the end of this year, cancer will affect more than 95,000 people, 39,000 of which will be diagnosed with rectal cancer. Our intestines are used to remove the waste and store the food in the stomach. The important thing you need to know is that you need to have a healthy diet, because even 35% of deaths related to colon cancer are caused by improper diet.
In this article we will show you some useful information that will help you reduce the chances of getting colon cancer. And here are these useful tips:
- You should regularly eat fruits and vegetables
- Eating prunes will greatly help you reduce the risk of colon cancer
- Try to enter as much dietary fiber
- Make sure that you are exposed to the sun as much as possible so that you will get the necessary amount of vitamin D
- Avoid as much as possible meat products, believe us it is for your own good
- Eating large amounts of red meat increases the risk of colon cancer by 24%. Meat is not always a problem, but the way it is cooked and where it comes from surely can be a huge problem
- Use olive oil for cooking
- Exercising will reduce your risk of colon cancer
- Pay attention to your weight
- Cut out all completely the alcohol and the cigarettes
- Eat more garlic
- Women and men aged 50 and older should have regular sigmoidoscopy every five years and colonoscopy every 10 years.
Source: Natural And Healthy World