Apple cider vinegar is fast becoming a panacea for all good things. Apple cider vinegar can aid in weight loss, because it helps control blood sugar levels and suppress appetite. It also increases alkalinity in the body by elevating pH levels. Apple cider vinegar is anti-bacterial, antiseptic, anti-viral, and anti-fungal. You can make your own apple cider vinegar very easily. All you need is time. Apple cider vinegar is sort of a wonder food. It has so many practical uses such as digestive aid, a skin care product, and a hair conditioner, a salad dressing, or a cleaning agent.
- Cores and peels from 6-8 organic apples;
- 2 tbs. raw honey (where to find);
- Filtered water to cover.
- In a large glass bowl, place the cores and peels.
- Cover the scraps with water until the peels are submerged and stir in the honey.
- Cover the mixture with a cloth, and let it sit out until the liquid darkens.
- After letting it sit for 2 weeks, strain out the apple solids through several layers of cheesecloth.
- Place the liquid to the jar and cover it again. Leave it for 4 more weeks. Stir it once a day.
- After 6 to 8 weeks the fermentation will be complete.
- Store it in a glass jar.
Source: Living Traditionally