When the objective is aimed at being able to obtain a body in optimal conditions and with an athletic appearance, the fitness world presents us with a range of options, and it is right there when an incessant search begins to know which of all the training sessions is the best. ideal.
With the intention of making your search more effective, we invite you to get to know CrossFit, a type of training that, thanks to its popularity, has positioned itself in the first places of preference among the most assiduous lovers of physical activity.
Know which are the best crossfit workouts for beginners and take the first step towards a sure goal.
What is CrossFit?
CrossFit is a general physical conditioning program, through which the development of:
- muscle endurance
- cardio endurance
- The force
- The power
- The equilibrium
This type of training is not limited to a group of people with a lot of preparation, on the contrary, people who do not have any type of physical condition can participate in this activity. The intensity and strength is what will classify the participants, who will evolve in this context, through the continuous practice of CrossFit.
Constant varied exercises
CrossFit combines and mixes exercises between weightlifting, resistance and gymnastics. This variety of activities makes it possible for each training to be different; therefore, it keeps the participants upbeat and motivated throughout the routine.
CrossFit uses functional movements, that is, the natural movements that we normally perform in everyday life such as: sitting down and getting up from a chair, bending over, picking up or lifting objects, running, jumping, etc.
First Crossfit session
A CF session is generally made up of 4 phases:
- Dynamic warm-up: where movements will be made without the intensity required by CF.
- The heating of the joints: to avoid injuries.
- The technique: which will allow certain movements to be reviewed in detail in order to always maintain technical progress.
- The WOD: the training of the day with the appropriate intensity.
- Stretching and cooling: last phase to lower the heart rate and stretch the muscles worked during the WOD. This phase also helps improve flexibility and give way to muscle recovery.
After this first session, the participant will be able to find out if the CF method and environment are the ones that really suit their needs.
One Week Beginner CrossFit Routine:
Day 1: AMRAP: As Many Repetitions As Possible
For 15 minutes, perform as many repetitions as possible, according to your physical capacity:
- 5 push-ups (to start you can rest your knees on the floor)
- 10 squats
As a beginner, 15 rounds is a good number of repetitions. If you have a little more physical condition, you can try to get at least 40 rounds.
Day 2: Repeat this cycle at least 5 times: routine against the clock or (time trial), that is, a routine in which you must complete the exercises as quickly as possible.
- 300 meter jog or run
- 25 CrossFit sit-ups
- 10 jumps with the knees to the chest (You must try to reach the knees to the chest so that you perform the exercise correctly)
Day 3: With the help of a bar
- Jumping jacks: 5 rounds of 20
- Pull-ups or bars: 5 rounds of 10
Day 4: Speed
- burpees: perform a maximum of 50 burpees at the highest speed, if you feel very fatigued, you can incorporate rest intervals of 10 seconds and continue.
day 5: 5 Rounds of:
- 10 jumping jacks (knees to chest)
- 15 lumbar contractions
- 20 CrossFit sit-ups
Day 6: 5 Rounds of:
- 10 burpees
- 20 squats
- 30 sit-ups
Day 7: Rest
Image via Flickr