After an infected mosquito bit this man, his leg started to swell and in a while it looked like an elephant’s leg. This situation changed this man’s life drastically.
20 years ago, Raymond from Brazil, was bitten by a mosquito, which caused a parasitic infection which eventually led to a disease called elephantiasis.
From that moment on, he began to fight this infection, but his leg was swelling very quickly and started to look just like an elephant’s leg, which almost completely paralyzed him.
This disease leads to increasing of the skin volume and the subcutaneous tissue, which eventually leads to their substantial thickening, and sometimes even to a significant deformation of certain body parts.
Elephantiasis can affect the limbs, scrotum and can even cause cancer. This disease usually occurs due to disturbances in the lymphatic and venous circulation.
The unfortunate man will undergo treatment at a clinic in Sao Jose Rio Preto, in order to drastically reduce his skin volume.
At this point you need to know that when one gets this disease, it is difficult to control it and having this disease it usually means that you are condemned to a “life imprisonment”.
This very painful and dangerous tropical disease is common in Africa, Central and South America, South Asia and the Pacific islands.
Video by: All InOne