Nowadays, because of our fast and modern way of living, we tend to forget the importance of food, and so we consume unhealthy foods such as fast food. Moreover, according to numerous scientists and nutritionists, it is not yet clear why people in the West opt for such nutrition, rather than natural ingredients. Natural ingredients have all the things we need so that our bodies can function properly. For example, besides tasting great, bananas are a real nutritive treasure. What’s more, nutritionists claim that consumption of two bananas per day, for one month, can improve your overall health.
- Since it has a low amount of sodium, but a high amount of potassium, it is the perfect fruit for blood pressure regulation and cardiovascular health. Furthermore, scientists have found that the risk of heart attack can be reduced as much as 40% if bananas are consumed on a daily basis.
- Bananas are great remedy for constipation and other problems with the digestive system, due to the high amount of fiber they contain.
- When you feel fatigued, or weak, eat a banana since it will increase your level of energy. Hence, bananas are the perfect healthy snack, especially before exercising.
- If you experience heartburn, eat a banana since it contains antacids which will regulate the stomach acid.
- If you suffer from iron deficiency, consume bananas since they have substances which encourage the red blood cells and hemoglobin production.
- Great in the fight against sore throat and coughing.
- Bananas contain tryptophan, a crucial substance for our bodies since the body turns this substance into serotonin-the happiness hormone. So, if you are having a bad day, a banana is all you need.
- According to researchers, students who consume bananas for breakfast, as a snack, or after lunch, have a higher level of concentration because of the potassium that triggers the brain and eases learning and memory.
- Bananas are great for pregnant women since they alleviate the morning sickness because they increase the blood sugar levels.