Losing weight can be a big challenge, and looking for ways to lose weight for many people is anything but fast, easy and healthy.
With so many weight loss plans, diets and various experts offered by the Internet and television today, the number of people with overweight continues to grow, both in the world and in our country. Sometimes it feels like a vicious circle from which there is no way out.
There is no doubt that modern and popular “fast” diets can be effective in losing weight, but unfortunately, such diet plans bring only temporary results and very quickly return us to the same, if not worse condition.
Since we ourselves are aware of this ubiquitous problem, here we have prepared for you an extensive guide on how to lose weight effectively through 10 ultimate tips for the right order and steps, so that your results are not only temporary, but permanent!
Top 10 tips to lose weight quickly and healthy
So, you decided to lose weight? Nicely! As the old saying goes, “Admitting that you have a problem is the first step towardrecovery.” Congratulations on launching that crucial first step.
Losing weight can be an emotional and difficult moment for many individuals.
Whether your doctor has ordered you to have a health problem or you yourself have decided that you need to lead a healthier and easier lifestyle, you need to know some sort of order and take certain steps and actions before you start.
However, leave it to us to take care of it and let us show you the steps below that will help you achieve even the most ambitious goal.
1. Set realistic goals and make a plan
After thinking of one of these phrases: “how am I going to lose weight?”, “I don’t like the way I look”, or “I want to go back to my weight 5 years ago”, you have mentally started your campaign. It all starts in the person’s mind, and so does this.
In order to be successful in your idea, your path towards it must have some sort of order.
And that means you have to create a plan that you’ll stick to blindly. Part of your plan will require you to make your own goals that you feel you can reach.
These goals should be short-term and long-term. It is important that you set goals that you can reach, i.e. to be real. Short-term goals are good to start with because you can quickly celebrate your successfully fulfilled goal.
For example, if you have decided to start losing weight, let your first goal be to lose 5 kg in a month.
When you reach that goal, you move to another and so on. It is the same with dietary changes that are necessary, and the exercise regimen that, if you are able, should include.
Another essential thing about this story is that you need to learn how to strengthen your mental attitude and motivation. Surely, saying “I want to lose weight” and doing something about it are two different things.
Strengthen your winning mentality, positive self-image, attitude and self-confidence, and start following your words with action.
2. Change ‘how to lose weight’ to ‘I can lose weight!’
However, when we talk about personal transformation and change things are not always so simple. It is unquestionable that diets and dietary regimens are essential, but in addition, there are some certain foundations and principles that must be accepted in order for your weight loss to flow smoothly and without faltering. This is called proper mental attitude.
Like most things in life, losing weight (a lot of weight) comes down to conscious effort, self-discipline, determination and perseverance.
If you are really ready to change, then instead of asking the question “how to lose weight?” you need to start with this attitude: “My body is already becoming slim” or “I know that I am reaching my desired weight already now”.
With a clearly defined number (the pounds you want to lose) and with a clear mental vision of yourself in your perfect version, saying the words in this way creates a mental and firm attitude that easily leads you to the desired goal.
3. Weight loss VS fat removal
Losing weight and losing fat are not the same thing. Most diets and weight loss programs talk about losing weight, but, this is the wrong approach.
Your ultimate goal should always be to melt fat. That’s what should keep you occupied. Many people are confused by the two concepts, often believing that they mean the same thing, when in fact they are very different from each other.
This will help you understand how weight and fat differ and how fat melting is almost superior when losing weight in almost all ways.
- Weight loss; Losing weight tries to reduce overall body weight. It simply refers to a smaller number on the scales. Your body weight consists of all parts of your body like muscles, fats, bones, water, organs, tissues, blood, water, etc. When you lose weight, you lose muscle and water…and very little fat.
- Fat loss; Fat loss reduces total body fat, i.e. the percentage of your total body weight that makes up fat. The right approach to melting fat is smart exercise and diet in a way that maintains muscle mass and focuses solely on fat loss.
4. The key is to speed up slow metabolism
Whether you want to lose, maintain weight, or simply strive for a leaner body, you should probably speed up your metabolism. After all, the rate of metabolism is crucial for melting unwanted body fats.
The truth is that there are many ways to increase metabolic rate, and here are a few fairly simple, and also the most common strategies:
- Get some rest; Skipping sleep can have negative effects on metabolism, body function, hunger hormones, and behavior. Get 7-9 hours of sleep every night.
- Stay hydrated; Given that there is about 60% water in the human body, believe that optimal hydration is key to a fast metabolism.
- Don’t sit too much; Most people spend the vast majority of their days sitting down, which has been dubbed the “new smoking” thanks to a list of negative health outcomes associated with sitting.
- Drink coffee; When it comes to speeding up metabolism, caffeine is an old trusted friend. Studies have shown that coffee can increase metabolic rate by up to 11%, and an additional bonus is that the increase in demand for your energy goes to the detriment of body fats.
- Do not cut calories; If you want to lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you consume, and for most people that means reducing calories.
The quality of nutrition conditions the loss of kilograms
First of all, it is good to first understand the meaning of healthy food. In general, healthy food is defined as a type of food that is beneficial to one’s health. Healthy foods often have a high nutritional content, and are sometimes defined as foods that have special health benefits.
One of the most effective approaches applied to almost all weight loss techniques is a diet that contains an effective and healthy diet that your body needs in order to function properly.
This means that you need to eat not only those foods that are low in calories and fat, but also those that contain the necessary nutrients, vitamins and minerals. However, any weight loss program still allows the intake of sufficient amounts of calories and fat, without being stored in the body as fat.
6. Study the ability and strength of proteins
When it comes to improving body composition e.g.: Fat loss, building and retaining muscle, optimizing protein intake is probably the second most important change in weight loss, diet and lifestyle.
Protein-containing foods increase satiety (feeling full) and speed up metabolism, and high-protein diets constantly accelerate weight and fat loss, preserve metabolism, promote weight maintenance and improve markers of overall health (e.g., better blood lipids, blood sugar management, etc.).
Increasing protein intake means moving from adequate to optimal. Ideally, you should try to consume some protein-rich foods with each meal, so we recommend that you start with 20-30 g at each meal.
Foods richest in protein:
Experts claim that through a weight loss plan you can enter an optimal protein intake of about 0.72 – 1.0 grams per kilogram of body weight per day.
7. Eliminate only bad carbohydrates from your diet?
Yes, but only the unhealthy ones! When it comes to dietfor weight loss, carbohydrates become misunderstood nutrients.
Carbohydrates are the main source of energy that supply your body. They are also one of three macronutrients that are necessary for the proper functioning of the body, and contain starch, fiber and glycogen.
Carbohydrates are grouped into two types depending on the structure of their molecules and these are simple and complex. In this case, we will call them “good and bad.” Nutrition science proves that there are healthy and unhealthy carbohydrates, and kicking out the unhealthy ones is your job when you’re trying to lose weight on your stomach.
Consuming large amounts actually increases the risk of diabetes and coronary heart disease, and can also result in weight gain.
Here are the types of foods with good and bad carbohydrates:
- Bad: Walkingrna carbonated drinks, fruit-sweetened juices, white bread, rolls, etc.
- Healthy: Unprocessed cereals, seeds, sweet potatoes, etc.
So you know what to do if you’re going to lose weight.
8. Smoothie for energy and detox is a great idea
Smoothies are a delicious way to improve the overall health of your body, while also getting rid of unwanted toxins, raising energy levels and accelerating your weight loss.
All you need to make a nutritious smoothie is a good blender. One blender full of smoothies can provide as many as eight servings of fruits and vegetables a day. For this reason, they should be included in any diet plan.
In addition to being super tasty, daily consumption of homemade smoothie brings many health benefits and are great for:
- Energy – if you feel tired, a smoothie with a high carbohydrate and protein content can fill you with energy and keep you awake.
- Detoxification – a green smoothie, for example, can remove toxins from your body. Find some delicious smoothie recipes for detoxand cleansing the body here.
- Weight loss – low-calorie and low-fat smoothies provide the body with the necessary nutrients and help remove stubborn fat from your stomach.
- Strengthening immunity – smoothies can strengthen your immune system and help you get rid of colds, flu and other infections.
- For beauty – delicious smoothies are packed with vitamins and antioxidants for clean smooth skin and shiny hair.
Unlike smoothies from the store that contain added sugar and some other additives, when you make your own smoothies at home, you have complete control over all the ingredients you want to add.
Also, always make sure that your fruits and vegetables (as much as possible) are organically grown to provide only the highest quality nutrients.
9. Exercise is mandatory for effective weight loss
Exercise has always been just as important as a healthy diet if you’re aiming for effective weight loss.
Conventional wisdom exercise emphasizes the importance of cardio training when it comes to taking off excess fat, but that’s only half the story. Of course, aerobics can be a good fat burner, but strength training is just as important for your thinning – if not more!
Strength training builds muscle and muscle tissue, and burns most of the calories you ingest every day. When you increase muscle mass, you burn more calories at the same time. Your body continues to melt fat both when you are still and even while you sleep!
Exercise has almost too many benefits to enumerate and only some of them are:
- burns calories and fat
- speeds up metabolism
- it helps you lose weight
- shapes and tones your body
- It keeps you in shape.
- strengthens your cardio-vascular system
- raises self-confidence
By training for at least half an hour a day, combining cardio exercises and strength training, you can completely reshape your body and keep it that way.
10. “Fad diets” are a (bad) good way to lose weight
Today, there are really a lot of TV and Internet gurus who will try to sell you ideas on how to lose weight with various trendy diet plans (often extreme and with a lot of unfounded claims), promising quick results, with minimal effort.
Such diet trends are popularly referred to as “fad diets”, and the term is generally used to describe some diet plan or program that claims to have a “secret” or “method” to achieving successful, irreversible and long-term weight loss.
Fad diets essentially don’t have to be that dangerous or bad, and if you want to lose weight quickly in a short period of time for some special event or one-time occasion, you can try one of these diets. They undoubtedly bring effective, but unfortunately only temporary results – in the vast majority of cases, lost kilograms return after a certain amount of time.
There are many different types of such trendy diets on the market – some are new and some have existed for years. Some of the most famous such diets are:
- The Atkins Diet
- South Beach Diet
- Ketogenic diet
- Paleo diet
- Diet zones
- Dukan diet
- The 5:2 diet
But before you join such a regimen of rapid weight loss, you need to be aware of its effects.
To lose weight forever, you should change your overall lifestyle, not just your diet. Therefore, we recommend that you apply ways that will bring long-lasting changes in your weight and your health.