After seeing this video, you will never throw away the rice water. This water is in fact the cheapest ways to pamper your hair and skin.
Maybe you did not know this but rice water is rich in vitamins and minerals that can do wonders to your skin and hair. Women in Asia have been using the rice water for centuries to treat their skin and hair.
This rice water is good for your hair because it contains inositol, a carbohydrate that helps in strengthening your hair, and it also gives her elasticity and reduces the surface friction.
We advise you to try this magnificent recipe and see for yourself just how effective it is.
- 1/2 cup of uncooked rice (brown, white long grain, white short grain, jasmine, or whatever you have)
- 2 cups of water
- First of all you need to wash nicely the rice in order to get rid of all the impurities and the dirt.
- Next, put 1/2 cup of uncooked rice in a bowl and cover it with water.
- Let the rice soak for about 15 to 30 minutes.
- Swirl it around and lightly knead it until the water turns cloudy. This wayall the vitamins and the minerals will go into the water, creating a nourishing rinse for your hair.
- Strain out the rice water into a clean bowl or some kind of container. You can store your rice water in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for a few days, up to a week.
After doing all of this your rice water is ready and you can use it for your hair treatment.
How to use it:
If you want to give your hair a nice shine and keep it strong and healthy in the same time, all you need to do is rinse it with rice water. For extra nourishment, you can add few drops of any essential oil, such as lavender, rosemary, geranium, citrus. As for the application of the rice water, you need to pour it on your hair after shampooing. Then gently massage your scalp and your hair and finally rinse your hair nicely with lukewarm water. Repeat this procedure once or twice a week.
This rice water can be used as a hair conditioner as well. All you need to do for preparing this homemade hair conditioner is add a few drops of rosemary, geranium or lavender essential oil to the rice water and your hair conditioner is ready. Apply this conditioner to your hair, let it stay like that for about 10 minutes and then rinse your hair with cold water.
Watch this video and follow the instructions how to make this hair treatment:
Source: Keep Your Body